Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ring the Bells


Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen

I read this quote yesterday on a blog site and liked it so much.  I meant to give credit to the friend who posted, but somehow in my copy and paste, lost the web address.  I apologize to whomever I borrowed it from.  Thank you for the inspiration!

In the hearts of all who linger here, let there be praise!
And at every corner may you discover the ringing of laughter, the light of love. 
Blessings in this joyous season.
Melissa

Photo Courtesy: flickr - Miss Corley

10 comments:

  1. blessings to you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those jingle bells at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was me! So happy to see such a wonderful sentiment making appearing elsewhere. Not to worry a bit about the credit...I'm sure I saw it on a blog at some point too before I used it on my own.

    Happy weekend to you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo and sentiment. I hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Right now I'm watching It's a Wonderful Life. You know what happens when a bell rings, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Melissa,

    Enchanting photo and an inspiring quote.

    Very often we focus on the darkness that we forget to see the light.

    Best wishes to you,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for posting such an uplifting quote!
    blessings to you too my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a wonder filled way to look at it
    !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that!

    Yes, the imperfections are what make life perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Michelle: What a wonderful quote! Thank you, friend! I was so encouraged at your place.

    For so long I have wasted my time tryin to fix my cracks. It doesn't work. Only when I lift them to the King in the poorest of offerings, does He make them shine. Knowing this frees me to be who He created me to be in Christ.

    We can all shine!

    Blessings above and beyond what your hearts and minds can imagine in this wonder-full season!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate your kind words and comments.