Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Morning Prayers


Morning Prayers
by Melissa Campbell
Sky wakes slowly, as the dawn,
Glazing over, washing warm,
Watching earth below respond,
In holy, slow-spread wonder.

Sleepy sunrise opens arms,
Woos yon earth with all his charms.
Hovers orangey-red, a blazing song,
Over Autumn's golden splendor.

Blush sky faces, fades,
Smolders well beyond the towering sway,
Of oak-shadow shimmers.
Burning hot, with brilliant hue,
Sun's rays sharpen,
Cross the blue,
Poke bright dapples in the gray.

Leafy shadows scatter, skew,
Wander off, leave bare to view,
Diamond-y dew-drops,
The earth now twinkling, shiny wet,
With crystal orbs,
Crowning each grass blade,
In temporal glory.

© 2010 Melissa Campbell

 


This morning I long for the same--to be so consumed with the Son of God, that I burn, shine, disappear in His glory, becoming it.  

I give myself over to prayer, to Him who lives to chase every darkness away.

Hunger rises:  
...to eat and breathe and go down deep in the beauty of God, to carry His passion, be filled with His dominion, walk in union with Him on the earth as it is in heaven...

...to learn to raise my voice and wake the dead, the dying, the sleeping with the song of His praise, and...

...to go out in a blaze of glory--His story filling me to the brim, and flowing from my lips.
Jesus!  Fill me with You!  Shine me bright--so darkness cannot stand, or come this way again.   

And send me to those who need to know, you're The Man and The God who loves them.

I ask this all in your Name, and for your glory.  Amen.

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct it to You,  And I will look up. ~Psalm 5:3








Photo Credit: flickr - by Gorfor 

Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson,  Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.  As taken from Bible Gateway.

2 comments:

I welcome and appreciate your kind words and comments.